Welcome to the Marlow Riders, the home of Cycling in the Marlow and surrounding areas of South Bucks and Berkshire.
Our fast expanding club is based upon sociable cycling for all. We welcome all levels of cyclists to join us….you will not be left behind. We start together and finish together and on the way we may enjoy the odd “cuppa”. We concentrate on road cycling and during 2012 we ran our first sportive – the Marlow Red Kite Ride.
Inaugural AGM: Our first Annual General Meeting took pace on Friday 12th April. See the AGM and Rules page for details. Formal minutes will be published soon.
We arrange various club rides during the week.
- Our regular rides are every Saturday morning from Marlow Sports Club when we go out in groups at different speeds, all with a group leader. These are a good opportunity to come along and meet the club. We aim to leave the Sports Club at 8:30, so please get there before then.
- Saturday rides now include a ‘Lions’ ride which is ideal for people new to riding with groups or returning cyclists. This group goes at the speed of the slowest.
- On the first Sunday of each month we run “Introduction Rides” for those who do not have the confidence to join a Saturday ride. These need to be booked in advance.
- We have informal rides on Sunday mornings, for those who are there.
- From April until about September we run evening rides each Tuesday and Thursday. These leave the Marlow Sports Club promptly at 6:30 to make best use of the light.
- We also have occasional Wednesday morning rides for some of our faster “Cheetahs” group.
For details of our rides, including current times, please see the Weekly Rides page..
Everyone is welcome to join us for up to five rides for free. However, our insurance policy requires everyone who rides with us more than five times to join the club.